Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Obamacare blues

I gladly and proudly voted for Barack Obama twice for president of the United States. I am pretty sure that he is the only black president that I will ever get to cast two ballots for in my lifetime. I have supported the president and will continue to do so, despite the problem I now have with him. (Okay, NSA, here I go)

I have had some disagreements with the Obama administrations policies, but do not wish that the president fails or feel like he isn't the right man for the job. My frustration rests in the failures to execute some of the initiatives the president has introduced, because I support the direction he has decided upon. For instance, as someone who works out daily and wants to be healthy, the Affordable Care Act is policy I believe to be in the best interest of all Americans, whether or not they (and here I mean mostly the conservatives who vowed from day one that they would work to make the president fail, and the misinformed) who oppose President Obama agree.

Although I cannot understand how eBay and Amazon can manage to build heavily trafficked websites that serve all Americans, yet the most powerful government on Earth cannot. I have sided with the president in this whole failed Obamacare rollout. Anyone can screw up the launch of a website upon which the signature initiative of their presidency rests, right? And then I got a letter yesterday from my health insurance provider indicating my rate was increasing 3.25 percent as a result of Obamacare. WTF!

I still support the president. But he really needs to get Obamacare right -- now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that Freddie has passed away. Contact Steve Packleberry (sp?) at SWSOL for details. I see that he posted it on his FB page. Sorry to let you know this way.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that Freddie has passed away. I don't have the details, but Steve has posted it on his FB account. Check with him